Track 2 / Room: Chapel
15.30 - 16.00
Flexibility through the eyes of a new buyer: the DSO
About Hannes De Schrijver
With a backpack of several years of in-the-field DSO experience, Hannes explores and develops new value propositions for Fluvius: exploring blockchain-based energy systems in Energy Web Foundation, co-seeding the Internet of Energy ecosystem (IOE) and several pilots revolved around flexibility. His current endeavour is to build a flexibility ecosystem to support the energy transition on the distribution grid.
Fluvius System Operator cv is the independent company that is responsible for:
- building, managing and maintaining the distribution grids for electricity and natural gas in all 300 Flemish municipalities
- managing the public lighting in all 300 Flemish municipalities
- building, managing and maintaining the sewerage system in 85 Flemish municipalities
- building district heating grids
- the duties of a social supplier of energy the promotion of the rational use of energy and water.